FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- My go-to drink is a strong matcha green tea latte with a shot of espresso, almond milk & pretty latte art.
- I ran my first marathon on the cobblestone of Rome, Italy!
- My brown tabby cat GIOIA (pronounced Joy-ya) is the office intern and my official mascot + model!
- My side hustle passion is coaching both Varsity XC and Track & Field teams at an all-girls school in Northern VA.
- Next Travel Destination? Hopefully Bali or South America!
On holiday in Washington DC? Explore the Nation's Capital with me by booking a session via my WanderZoom profile.
FEATURES & PUBLICATIONS...
I'm Laura (also known as Lauretta), the owner and Creative Visionary of Laurentina Photography.
It's been over a decade since I received my first digital camera and spent an unforgettable semester abroad in Orvieto, Italy. Countless hours were spent (with friends & da sola) sitting in the piazzas of this medieval town, people watching and observing their interactions. I was also fascinated by how light frames the photo, both through the stained glass of a church window or gently emerging into the horizon.
After I received my M.A. in Art & Museum Education from Georgetown University & Sotheby's Institute of Art - London, I started documenting special events for an art gallery in Washington DC and invested in my first DSLR camera. Not long after that, I officially started wedding and commercial photography... and the rest is HISTORY!
My photographic journey has continued through work in independent schools, art galleries and community events across the DC metro area and beyond. These adventures have taught me the true power of photography: to not only preserve ethereal moments, but also to invite the viewer to look deeper.
I am so grateful for a job that allows me to travel all over the world and connect with a diverse array of people -- telling their stories through powerful scenes and imagery. We are now including videography in our lineup of services and look forward to creating films that are both memorable and meaningful.
Thank you for growing with Laurentina Photography these past 5 years!
To being immersed in that stunning light...